Recipe provided by Neff.
Ingredients for 12 bread dumplings
8 – 10 rolls from the previous day or 500g bread roll cubes
500ml warm oat milk (or whichever milk you prefer)
1 tbsp butter
Ingredients for mushroom sauce
2 tbsp oil
600ml vegetable broth
1 small bay leaf
2 tsp cornflour
20g cold butter
1 clove of garlic
1 strip of untreated lemon zest
Pepper from the mill
Mild chili powder
600g mushrooms (e.g. porcini mushrooms, chanterelles or mushrooms)
1 tbsp parsley leaves (freshly cut)
1. Cut the rolls into small cubes about 1-2 cm in size and place in a large bowl.
2. Cut the onion into fine cubes and fry in a coated pan with 1 tbsp of oil until golden brown. Finely chop the parsley.
3. Pour the lukewarm milk over the sliced bread cubes and stir well using a stirring spoon. Allow to stand for a few minutes.
4. Add the parsley and roasted onions to the soaked bread cubes in the bowl. Next add the eggs and season with salt.
5. Mix the bread dumplings well by hand. If necessary, add some breadcrumbs or a little flour. Let it steep for another 10 minutes.
6. Prepare a pot with hot salted water. Form bread dumplings in the desired size with wet hands. The bread dumplings will rise a little while cooking. Pour the bread dumplings directly into the hot water in a pot of sufficient size.
7. Once all the bread dumplings are in the water, bring to a vigorous boil. Then reduce to a simmer and simmer for around 20 minutes.
1. Peel the onion and cut into small cubes. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and sauté the onion cubes until translucent. Add broth, bay leaf and cook for about 10 minutes until soft.
2. Add the yogurt, take the pot off the heat and leave the sauce to simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove bay leaf. Add the cream, froth up the sauce with a hand blender and strain through a sieve into a pot.
4. Bring sauce to the boil again. Stir the starch with a little cold water until smooth, add to the sauce and simmer gently for 2 minutes. Add butter.
5. Peel and halve the garlic and add to the sauce with the lemon peel. Leave to simmer for a few minutes just below the boiling point, then remove both. Season the sauce with salt, pepper, 1 pinch each of caraway and chilli.
6. In the meantime, clean the mushrooms, rub dry and cut into small pieces. Heat the remaining oil in a pan at medium heat and fry the mushrooms in portions for 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Turn, season with salt and pepper and add parsley. Add the fried mushrooms to the sauce.
1. Buy ready-made organic red cabbage. Heat it up and add 1 chopped apple and a pinch of cinnamon.