Makes: 20 Prep: 25 mins, plus proving Cooking time: 20 minutes
500g pack ciabatta bread mix
2 tsp paprika
85g (3oz) Parmesan, finely grated
Plain flour*, for dusting
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
1. Place the bread mix in a large bowl with the paprika and 55g of the Parmesan. Pour in 350ml lukewarm water and mix well. Bring the dough together and knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes.
2. Add the oil and knead for 2 more minutes, then press the dough out on to an oiled Universal Tray.
3. Set the oven to Dough Proving and fill water tank. Place the tray on shelf 1 and prove for 10 minutes
4. Knock back the dough and knead for 2 minutes. Divide into 20 pieces and roll out into 30cm (12in) lengths, rolling in the remaining Parmesan as you go. Space the breadsticks evenly out on 2 lightly oiled baking trays or universal pans.
5. Place the trays on shelves 1 and 3 and bake on Bread Baking 220°C for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the trays.
Cook’s tips As a general rule, using two parts boiling water to one part ice-cold will give you the right temperature for yeast.These breadsticks are delicious served with hearty soups, dips (houmous is especially good), or as a pre-dinner nibble.
Why use this particular Neff function? Bread Baking is powered by the CircoTherm® fan, so you get incredibly even heat across shelves 1 and 3. That means the two trays of these cheesy little breadsticks will cook and colour perfectly evenly, without you having to turn trays or swap shelf positions halfway through the cooking time.