Recipe provided by Neff.
200g whole-wheat flour
250g plain flour
75g seed mix
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 small egg, lightly whisked
1. Preheat the oven to Circotherm 180C. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Place the two flours, all but 1 tbsp of the oats, all but 1 tbsp of the seeds, the bicarbonate of soda, sugar and the salt in a large bowl and mix together.
3. Pour in two-thirds of the buttermilk and mix using your hands. Add more buttermilk until the mixture comes together without being sticky.
4. Place on a floured surface and shape the dough into a ball.
5. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking tray and flatten slightly. Use a sharp knife to cut a cross into the top of the bread.
6. Brush the top of the dough with the egg wash.
7. Sprinkle on the reserved oats and seeds, pushing them in slightly. Place in the oven. Add low steam and cook for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and hollow underneath when tapped.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes (or until completely cool), then slice and serve with butter.