Recipe provided by Neff.
Chicken + Marinade
400g deboned chicken thighs with skin off, sliced in bite-sized pieces
2½ tbsp high-quality fish sauce (ingredients: anchovy and water only if possible. Can be found in Asian supermarkets)
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp curcuma
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 spring onion thinly sliced
4 minced garlic cloves
Heat safe oil (coconut/rapeseed/vegetable)
400g round rice noodles
100g coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
30g chives thinly sliced mixed with 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
100g fresh herbs (coriander and mint; just keep the leaves)
2 cucumbers, thinly sliced into matchsticks
2 carrots, thinly sliced into matchsticks
½ romaine lettuce cut in 1-inch slices
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp lemon
4 tbsp water
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp sambal
1. Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the chicken. Toss well, cover with film and set aside for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, boil 2 litres of water in a large saucepan, add the rice noodles and cook until tender with a slight bite. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
3. To prepare sauce, heat water and sugar until fully melted. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Adjust the seasoning to your taste (it should be sweet and sour). Pour the dressing into a serving bowl and set aside.
4. Heat a skillet with a dash of coconut oil. When ho t, add the chicken and the marinade, plus 50ml of water. Stir fry until cooked.
5. Rinse the noodles again in cold water to remove the starch, drain and set aside.
6. To serve, divide the rice noodles between 4 bowls, arrange the carrots, the cucumbers, the salad on each side of the bowl. Add the chicken in the middle, top with peanuts, herbs, a tsp of chives in vegetable oil. Add 2 tbsp of dressing. Toss well and enjoy.