Recipe provided by Neff.
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 medium-large onion chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 eating apple finely chopped
1 large ripe tomato chopped
4 chestnut mushrooms (120-130g) finely chopped
1.5 tsp plain flour
150ml vegetable stock
1 tsp Marmite
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
60g ground almonds
120g ground cashews
120g wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 tbsp flaxseed
2.5 tbsp water
Salt & pepper
A handful mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, linseed)
1 tsp soy saucepan
1 tsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Grease tin with oil and line with greaseproof paper.
3. Grind dry ingredients (nuts, breadcrumbs) in a blender.
4. Mix water and flaxseed together and set aside.
5. Heat oil on low heat and fry onion for 10 mins.
6. Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
7. Increase heat to medium and add tomato, apple, mushrooms, then cook for 5 mins or so.
8. Add flour, stock, Marmite and herbs, then stir until thickened.
9. Remove from heat, add remainder of ingredients and season.
10. Transfer mixture to tin, cover with foil, then bake for 30 mins.
11. Mix seeds, soy sauce and maple syrup.
12. Remove foil and sprinkle seed mix on top of loaf. Bake for a further 15-20 minutes.