Recipe: Christmas Kumquat Cocktail
A great non-alcoholic festive cocktail that packs a punch!
Serves: 8 Glasses
- 8 Kumquats
- 4 tbsps Cherry syrup (or other red syrup)
- 1 tbsp finely ground ginger
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- Juice and zest of 1 organic lime
- 1 tsp light brown cane sugar
- Chilled champagne or tonic water
1) Wash kumquats in hot water, cut them in fine rings and remove the stones (if there are any). Briefly boil up syrup, ginger, cinnamon, lime juice and cane sugar. Place the pot aside, add kumquat slices as well as their juice and allow to cool off.
2) Before you serve the Christmas Cocktail: remove the cinnamon stick, then pour in eight glasses. Add chilled champagne or tonic water.