Recipe: Mushroom and Goats’ Cheese Tart
A vegetarian-friendly dish that works great at a main meal or as part of a buffet.
For the tart pastry:
- 240g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 80 ml hot water
For the topping:
- 25g dried porcini mushrooms
- 700g assorted mushrooms (such as white, oyster, chanterelle, porcini)
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small sprig fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 250g cream
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 125g fresh goats‘ cheese
1) Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the pastry.
2) Combine the flour, salt and sugar together. Pour oil and water over the top. Mix with a fork until a ball shape is formed. Chill for 30 minutes and then briefly knead the pastry by hand.
3) Immediately roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface and place it in a tart pan lined with parchment paper.
4) Shape the dough so that the edges are 2cm high.
5) Wipe off the fresh mushrooms with a paper towel and cut them into slices 2 to 3 mm thick.
6) Transfer the soaked mushrooms to a colander, rinse them several times under cold water and drain. Cut the mushrooms into small pieces. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220°C CircoTherm® Intensive with universal pan at level 1.
7) Peel the shallots and garlic clove and dice finely.
8) Rinse the thyme, shake it dry and chop the leaves finely.
9) Briefly brown the shallots, garlic and thyme in the olive oil.
10) Add the fresh mushrooms and sauté briefly. Squeeze the moisture out of the soaked mushrooms and add them to the pan.
11) Add the cream and simmer gently for several minutes until the liquid is slightly reduced. Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
12) Whisk together the eggs and chives, and stir them into the mushroom mixture.
13) Spread fresh goats‘ cheese onto the base of the tart.
14) Distribute the hot mushroom mixture on top of the cheese.
15) Bake the tart on the universal pan in the oven for about 15 minutes on shelf level 1.
16) Then reduce the temperature to 180°C and bake the tart for about 20 minutes until done.