Recipe: Fruit Carpaccio with Coconut Semifeddo
A fresh and zesty dessert – you can easily substitute the fruits listed for the Carpaccio with your other favourites or what you have left in your fruit bowl.
For the Semifeddo:
- 120g coconut macaroons or cookies
- 450 ml cream
- 90g icing sugar
- Zest of 1/2 organic orange and lemon
- 3 tbsp coconut rum (e.g. Malibu or non-alcoholic alternative: coconut milk or syrup)
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
For the Carpaccio:
- 1 star fruit
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 dragon fruit
- 1 green and 1 yellow kiwi
- 1 mango
- 1 tbsp brown cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Zest and juice of 1 organic lime
1) Crumble coconut macaroons in a blender. Whisk cream until stiff. Add icing sugar, orange and lemon zest and coconut rum. Add 2/3 of the crumbled coconut macaroons.
2) Pile mixture into a 1-litre ring form. Cover and deep-freeze for at least 5 hours.
3) Take out your ice cream cake from the freezer 30 minutes before you would like to serve. Flip on a cake stand and garnish your semifreddo with the rest of the macaroon crumbs and 1 tablespoon coconut flakes.
4) For the carpaccio: wash the star fruits and slice them thinly. Peel and slice the rest of the fruits. Remove the pineapple core with a core remover and garnish a large plate or several plates with the fruit slices. Add the star fruit pieces last.
5) For the marinade: mix sugar, cinnamon, 2-3 tablespoons lime juice and zest. Sprinkle on the fruit slices and garnish with the rest of the coconut flakes.
6) Serve your semifreddo with this carpaccio.