Returning your order couldn’t be simpler
with our handy returns process
If there’s something wrong, we’ll be happy to guide you through it and help make the experience as smooth as possible. Find out all of the return details and your rights as a Hughes customer listed below.
We have changed our return dates for purchases made in November and December to give you peace of mind this festive season. For purchases made from the 1st of November 2023, we must be notified of a return by the 12th of January 2024 with stock to be returned by the 19th of January 2024.
Right to Cancel - Online and phone purchases
We know that sometimes the goods you have ordered are not suitable or you have simply changed your mind. Please follow the below returns process.
*Please ensure you have contacted us prior to sending the goods back*
Returns requests must be made within 14 days after your delivery and under the following conditions for a full refund:
- Goods must be returned in their original box/internal packaging if opened by yourself
- Goods should not have been used or handled more than necessary - we define this as more than you would assess them in a shop
We reserve the right to make a deduction if these conditions are not met. This amount will be advised upon the receipt of goods and an inspection of their condition. Please photograph the item prior to the return so that you or we can claim from the courier should it not arrive in the same condition as sent.
We are unable to accept back unwanted gifts or non-faulty items if more than 14 days after the delivery date have passed or if the item has been installed, or downloaded.
If eligible the full refund will include the basic delivery cost of getting the goods to you in the first place but will not include optional, enhanced service costs such as express delivery, weekend delivery, installations or the removal of an appliance.
If items are returned missing original factory packed accessories, you will be charged for their replacement. The following prices are for guidance only and may vary between manufacturers:
- Remote Control - £30 to £70
- Instruction Book - £5 to £15
- Lead - £5 to £30
- SD Card, Memory Stick - £5 to £100
- Mains Adaptor / Charger - £30 to £50
- Rechargeable Battery - £30 to £50
- TV Stand - £25 to £250
After you have notified us you wish to return the item, the goods must then be returned at your own expense, within 14 days of your notice to us to the below address:
Hughes Inspections Department,
Unit 22 Fison Way,
Order Number: (please include your order number here)
If you’d like, we can arrange an insured collection for extra peace of mind. Please contact us on 0371 231 3113 to arrange a collection. Prices are detailed below:
Small Item - £25
Examples: Audio, Vacuum Cleaners, Laptops, Coffee Machines, Kettles, Toasters, Televisions under 32"
Large Item - £60
Examples: Laundry, Refrigeration, Cookers, Televisions
Side by Side Fridge Freezer & Range Cooker - £150
Examples: All models
You may also return goods to your local store if purchased online, please find your local store via our Store Locator.
Packages & Bundles
We know everyone loves a good package deal and our returns policy still applies. If you have purchased products as part of a bundle deal, please note that all items must be returned together. You cannot return only part of a package/bundle.
Health & Hygiene
There are some exceptions to our returns policy including health and hygiene products. If you have broken the seal on these items, including headphones, shavers and toothbrushes, you will not be able to return the product even if it’s within the 14-day time frame.
If Products are Faulty
It’s always frustrating when things go wrong but our customer service doesn’t end at the checkout! We have a range of options to choose from should your new item develop a fault:
1. If your item has a confirmed fault within 30 days of delivery, you will be able to return this as an exchange or for a full refund.
2. If a fault is found with your item after 30 days of being delivered (but within 6 months) we will repair or replace the item as requested (unless one option is disproportionate). If we are unable to repair or replace the item, you will be given the choice of keeping the product for a partial refund or it can be returned for a full refund.
3. With faults found after 6 months that you can prove were present when delivered, Hughes will use the same guidelines in (2) for processing your repair or replacement.
Please note that our returns policy will not affect your legal rights. You can get advice on these from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Damage and Shortages on Delivery
We realise this must be frustrating and we will do our very best to resolve this for you as soon as possible. Please follow these steps:
- Please reject the item on delivery if possible, otherwise, please contact us within 48 hours of taking receipt of the item. Notifications after this period of time has passed may not be accepted as we are unable to take the matter up with the delivery company.
- If the item is damaged, please send images of the damage to email@example.com. If you would like to keep the item in exchange for a damage allowance please request this when emailing us.
Unless advised in writing by Hughes please do not use the damaged item as this could constitute your acceptance of the goods.
Please note that our returns policy will not affect your statutory rights. You can get advice on these from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.